Maximize your charitable deduction with a gift Berkeley can use right now.
How it works
- You send a check, wire funds, or contribute online to Berkeley.
- We use your donation for the purposes that you specify.
How you benefit
- Cash is the simplest and quickest asset to use to make your gift.
- Your income tax charitable deduction is for the full amount of the gift and can be used to offset a larger percentage of your income (up to 60 percent of AGI) than a gift of real estate or securities (up to 30 percent of AGI). Any portion of the deduction not used in the year of the gift can be carried forward for an additional five years.
- Receive income if you fund a life income gift (e.g., charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder trust)
How to give