- You send a check, wire funds, or contribute online to Berkeley.
- We use your donation for the purposes that you specify.
- Cash is the simplest and quickest asset to use to make your gift.
- Your income tax charitable deduction is for the full amount of the gift and can be used to offset a larger percentage of your income (up to 60% of AGI) than a gift of real estate or securities (up to 30% of AGI). Any portion of the deduction not used in the year of the gift can be carried forward for an additional five years.
*If you fund a life income gift (e.g., charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder trust)
How to Give
- Charitable Gift Annuity
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Deferred Charitable Gift Annuity
- Donor Advised Fund
- Donor Designated Fund
- Will/Living Trust
For more in-depth information, please call one of our experts at 510-642-6300.