IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD)
- Instruct your IRA custodian to distribute assets directly to Berkeley. Download This Sample Letter of Instruction that can be filled out and sent to your IRA custodian.
- Your IRA distribution to Berkeley is tax-free.
Please direct gifts to:
University of California, Berkeley Foundation (TAX ID 94-6090626)
Donor and Gift Services
1995 University Ave Ste 400
Berkeley, CA 94704-1058
TAX CODE REQUIREMENTS:
- You must be 70 ½ or older at time of distribution.
- Distribution cannot exceed $100,000 per year, per individual.
- Distribution must come directly from IRA custodian.
- You cannot receive any goods or services in return for the gift.
- Your distribution is tax-free.
- You can satisfy all or part of your required minimum distribution.
- You can satisfy outstanding pledges with an IRA distribution.
For more in-depth information, please call one of our experts at 800-200-0575.