- You give all or a portion of your home, commercial building, or investment property to Berkeley.
- We will sell the property and use the proceeds to support the campus programs you designate.
- Real property assets can be used to make outright gifts to support Berkeley right now or to fund a gift that pays you or a loved one income for life.
- Your income tax charitable deduction will equal the full, fair-market value of the property, not the price you paid to purchase the property. The deduction can be used to offset up to 30% of your adjusted gross income in the year of gift; any unused portion of the deduction can be carried forward for an additional five years.
- You will not owe capital gains tax on the transfer.
* If you fund a life income gift (e.g., charitable annuity or charitable remainder trust)
How to Give
For more in-depth information, please call one of our experts at 800-200-0575.