Deferred Charitable Gift Annuity
- You make a gift of cash or securities to Berkeley.
- The annuity contract provides that we will pay to you — or to one or two individuals you name — fixed annuity payments for life, beginning on a specified date in the future.
- When the contract ends, Berkeley will use the remainder of the annuity to support the programs you designate.
- Each income beneficiary needs to be at least sixty-five (65) years old, with payments starting as early as age seventy (70) years old.
- All of the benefits of an immediate payment gift annuity.
- Because payments are deferred until a future date, the annuity rate is higher than it would be with an immediate payment annuity and the income tax charitable deduction is larger.
- The future start date for payments can be designed to coincide with important life events, e.g., your retirement or a grandchild’s college years.
*For appreciated assets such as stocks/bonds held more than one year
For more in-depth information, please call one of our experts at 800-200-0575.