Charitable Gift Annuity
- Make a gift of cash or securities to Berkeley. The gift can be established with $20,000 or more.
- We will pay to you — or to one or two individuals that you name — fixed annuity payments for life.
- When the contract ends, the remainder of the annuity is used to support the Berkeley programs you designate.
- Charitable gift annuities shall be issued for the lives of, at most, two (2) individuals at least seventy (70) years old at the time annuity payments commence.
- Receive an income tax charitable deduction at the time of the gift. (We can provide sample deduction calculations.)
- Your lifetime payments are backed by a reserve and the general assets of Berkeley.
- Get favorable tax treatment for a portion of your annuity payments, including a tax-free portion for gifts of cash.
- Diversify you assets
*For appreciated assets such as stocks/bonds held more than one year
For more in-depth information, please call one of our experts at 800-200-0575.